- R-24.5 or R-30 Thermolog in a half-log or flat profile
- R-30 Thermolog in a bevel profile
- 10 ft. high ceiling
- 10/12 roof pitch
- Timber-framed mezzanine structure
- Timber-framed roof structure
- 6 ft. 10” x 41 ft. timber-framed front veranda structure
- 2 front window dormers in a timber-framed structure
- 33 ft. rear mansard roof structure
- R-45 roof insulation
- Complete assembly plan
- Thermolog: cut, 9 1/16’’ x (7 7/8″ until 9 9/16″) numbered pieces, palettized
- Hardware (treated screws, structural screws)
- Urethane insulation cans
- Wood for corner splines
- Structural corners with capping
- Wood mouldings for box-end joist
- Adseal-brand sealant tubes
- Wood filler tubes
- 6’’ sill plate gasket rolls
- Urethane cans
- Fully timber-framed structure: joists and columns
- Black metal joist hangers with structural screws
- 1 1/4″ thick white pine tongue and groove flooring
- Fully timber-framed structure: rafters, ridge poles and columns
- Exposed 1 1/4″ thick white pine tongue and groove ceiling
- Synthetic vapour barrier membrane (double-layered)
- 3 ½’’ rigid insulation boards (double-layered)
- Urethane cans for roofing and between rafters
- Structural screws
- Rolls of steel mosquito screening
- Air vents
- Dispensing gun for urethane cans (1x)
- Dispensing gun for backer (1x)
- ¾’’ x 9’’ drill bit
- Pine mouldings for exterior doors and windows
Steel Roofing and Hardware
- Not included in the price: roofing + hardware
- This model has sloped roof. We recommend shingled roofing. Please consult a contractor in your region.
Doors and Windows
- Hybrid windows with 5 1/2″ frame
- Front door: coloured steel exterior / white interior (selected models)
- Patio door: coloured aluminum exterior / white interior
- Hybrid windows: coloured aluminum exterior / white PVC interior
- Double-paned windows / argon gas
- Self-adhesive membrane
- Wedge shim
- Steel head flashing
- Wood splines
- Door and patio door sill extension
- Traditional J moulding
- 5 standard colours: white, black, commercial brown, wood grey, anodized aluminum
- We offer other colour options at additional cost.
Not included: jamb extensions, handles, door locks.
Ideal for the do-it-yourself builder and the most cost effective option!
All of Boreal’s models are offered as a self-build kit. You can take charge of the assembly of your building thanks to the ingenuity of the construction method and the quality of the fabrication.
But you are never alone! We provide you with a technical manual illustrating each step for assembling your project. You will also find a collection of technical videos on our website explaining the assembly techniques. If you have any questions, we are only a phone call away.
Your Boreal building will be delivered on the site of your choice. As is the case for all our kits, the basic models can be modified according to your preferences. You can therefore select the type of exterior siding you prefer: the rustic charm of the half-log or a chic flat profile.
To summarize the advantages of the owner-builder kit:
1. Time and assembly cost savings
2. The most affordable new build
3. Training to assemble your project
4. A technical manual and videos to assist you
5. Telephone support during construction
All of Boreal’s advantages:
1. Unprecedented insulation performance
2. Unequalled construction stability
3. Easy assembly without heavy equipment
4. Grandiose timber-frame structures
5. Can be tailored to any style or dimensions
** AVAILABLE ONLY WITH OUR DISTRIBUTORS AND / OR GENERAL CONTRACTORS IN CERTAIN REGIONS **
Maximum control but peace of mind !
Depending on your region of Quebec, Boréal may refer you to certified general contractors who will be able to offer you the construction of your building in an “assembled shell” package or if you are doing business with one of our distributors, he will be able to offer you his own service or refer you to a contractor in your area. The installation team will assemble the floors, frame, roof and other structural elements of the building, on the foundation you have previously built. You then have full control over the selection and installation of cabinetry, plumbing, electrical, siding and interior finishing.
This package ensures you construction at your own pace. The assembled shell gives you the freedom to choose your own workforce and materials to reduce costs or to take advantage of other related benefits, according to your own schedule.
Your Boréal building will be delivered to you at the location of your choice. As with all our sets, the basic models can be modified to your liking. You will be able to choose the type of exterior covering that you like the most; the charm of the rustic half-round or the chic flat profile.
Let’s summarize the advantages of the assembled shell package:
1- The possibility of building your home at your own pace.
2- Ensuring compliance with Boréal assembly techniques.
3- A manufacturing guarantee on labor.
4- A technical guide and videos to accompany you.
5- Phone support during construction.
All the advantages of Boréal Products:
1- Unprecedented insulation performance.
2- Unequaled construction stability.
3- Easy assembly without heavy equipment.
4- Grandiose timber-frame structures.